Login

 

 

 

The officers and members of the Committee are:-

Chairman: Graham Kingsland
Vice Chairman: Dianne Gibson
Secretary: Dianne Gibson
Treasurer: Pam Anderson
Competition Secretary: Ian Anderson

Membership Secretary: Paul Green
Programme Secretary: Terry King

Committee Members.

Steve Milner

 

BUNWELL & DISTRICT CAMERA CLUB

 

Affiliated to the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain through the East Anglian Federation of Photographic Societies

February Committee Update

 

The committee met on Monday 24th February.

~ Steve Milner is now managing the BDCC website, so far this is working well with increasing use of the message board

~ Membership numbers remain at 26 with no new members joining since the last committee meeting

~ Ian Anderson is still investigating the possibility of obtaining a grant from S Norfolk to upgrade the projector which no longer meets the competition standard

~The committee agreed that we would enter the 4C’s challenge again. This requires 2 panels of 6 images, volunteers from the members are to be sought

~ The next workshop will be booked for March 29th and covers off camera flash

~ It is hoped the club will run at least one exhibition to coincide with the Old Buckenham airshow

~ Terry King is  compiling the new programme for 2014-15

~ Next committee meeting is scheduled for 24th March

January Committee Update

 

The committee met on Monday 27th January.

~ Steve Milner has linked the Bunwell website to the Old Buckenham one

~ EAF membership and public liability insurance as been renewed at £5m

~ Membership numbers remain at 26 with no new members joining since the last committee meeting

~ Ian Anderson is still investigating the possibility of obtaining a grant from S Norfolk to upgrade the projector which no longer meets the competition standard

~The committee agreed that we would enter the A45 challenge again. The committee will start saving images scoring 9 or more to develop a library of images for external competitions

~ The next workshop is booked for February 22nd and covers a photo shoot

~ There is a change to the programme on March 4th due to the guest speakers non availability. See programme for details

~ Terry King is to start compiling the new programme for 2014-15

~ Next committee meeting is scheduled for 24th February

 

November Committee Update

 

The committee met on Tuesday 26th November.

~  The committee is pleased to co-opt Steve Milner onto the committee to fill the remaining vacancy

~ EAF public liability insurance is due for renewal in the New Year, they have recommended increasing this from £2m to £5m, the cost implication is not yet clear

~ Membership numbers remain at 26 with no new members joining since the last committee meeting

~ The club Christmas dinner has been booked at the Inn on the Green, to date there are 14 confirmed attendees

~ Paul Green is investigating opportunities to publicise the club more widely

~The club is now keeping a register of members attendance and non attenders will now be contacted to check that they are happy with the club

~ Steve Milner has agreed to link the Club with the Old Buckenham website

~ Ian Anderson is to investigate the possibility of obtaining a grant from S Norfolk to upgrade the projector which no longer meets the competition standard

~The committee agreed that we would enter the PDI section of the EAF annual competition in February, members will be approached to supply images

~ Two workshops have been booked for January 25th and February 22nd

~ Next committee meeting is scheduled for 27th January

Committee Update - October 2013

Following a break for summer holidays the committee met on Monday 28th October.
~ During the break there were two resignations from the committee
   Les Bailey resigned during August
   Elizabeth Cowley Gwilliams resigned just before the committee meeting.
~ The committee is very sorry to lose both members and wishes to thank them for all of their hard work in supporting the club whilst on the committee.
~ The committee is pleased to co-opt Terry King, Terry will be taking on the role of Programme Secretary and will shortly commence in organising the programme for the 2014/15 club year
~ There remains one vacancy which members have been invited to fill
~ Membership numbers have reduced, currently there are 26 paid up members, with three newly joined. The committee would like to welcome Estelle Ware, Barry Adamson and Mike Phillips
~ Following a recommendation from the treasurer, it has been agreed to set aside £600 from club funds to cover contingencies such as breakage and replacement of club equipment
~ Due to the reduction in membership, club funds are projected to be very tight for the remainder of the year
~ The club Christmas dinner has been booked at the Inn on the Green, to date there are 14 confirmed attendees
~ The committee is investigating ways to reduce expenditure, such as reducing the number of guest speakers and making more use of club expertise. In addition it may not be possible for the club to subsidise the AGM costs and alternatives are being explored
~ Paul Green is going to investigate opportunities to publicise the club more widely
~ With Les’s resignation from the committee, future exhibitions will be managed by a sub committee taken from volunteers amongst the membership
~ It was agreed the November 30th workshop would cover photo editing software
~ Further workshops are planned for January and February
~ The committee is considering whether it would be useful to sponsor a member to attend a Judging workshop
~ Next committee meeting is scheduled for 26th November

 

 

Committee Update –June 2013

  • The Committee welcomed new members Pam & Ian Anderson and Paul Green.
  • The amended Constitution as agreed by members at the AGM was signed by the Chairman, Vice Chair and Treasurer.
  • Steve Milner and Pam Anderson have been chosen to put together panels on behalf of the club for the Chelmsford Camera Club Challenge in October. The entry form and entrance fee will be sent off shortly.
  • Most of the club members have now responded to the AGM proposal regarding club night and competition entry fees. Based upon an overwhelming majority the Committee has decided to increase the club night entry fee (currently 50p) to £1 and to abolish the competition entry fees (currently 50p per image). This will hopefully encourage greater participation in the competitions.
  • The 2013-14 programme is essentially complete, with only a couple of competition judges to book.
  • The Committee will be sending an ‘end of year’ article to the local press.
  • The Committee has agreed to suspend weekend workshops for the summer, starting again in the autumn. The club will continue to use Tibenham for classroom type workshops and Hempnall for the studio workshops.
  • Details of current members are to be checked to ensure that the club’s records are up to date. This will be done at a forthcoming club night.
  • Although Ian Anderson will be taking over the Competition Secretary role Les Bailey will continue running the AV Competitions for the time being.
  • The rules and requirements of the All One Colour printed image competition, which will be judged as a panel of 3 images, are to be clarified. The scoring is to tie in with the other 5 competitions so as not to adversely affect the overall Photographer of the Year competition.
  • The Committee has agreed that a winner should be chosen for each individual competition, with a certificate being presented on the night.
  • The Committee is to consider hiring a display board at the next Bucks Photoshow, which is likely to be held in 2015, to advertise the club and help attract new members.
  • The Committee members agreed that there should be a time limit introduced for officers before they stand down. The issue will be considered and a proposal put forward at next year’s AGM.
  • The Committee has agreed that future club meetings will commence at 8.00pm sharp.
  • The Committee reviewed the images put forward for the inter-club competition with Caston CC and chose those to represent the club.
  • The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 22nd July 2013. 

 

 

Committee Update –May 2013

  • The Committee has reviewed the club’s Constitution and agreed several proposals in respect of proof of ID and the hire of club equipment.
  • The Committee has reviewed the club’s current financial position and predicted income for the forthcoming year. Consequently a small increase in membership fees has been agreed for 2013-14. The Committee also agreed to allow payment of membership fees to be split over the first 2 months of the new club year.
  • The Committee discussed the issue of the lack of members participating in all 6 rounds of the competitions and thus being in with a chance of winning the Photographer of the Year prize. The Committee will propose a change the scoring system, taking the best 5 competition scores for each member, thus giving members the opportunity to miss a competition but still be in with a chance of winning POTY.
  • The Committee agreed to endorse the following club members serving on the committee for the forthcoming year following the resignation of Jeanette and Brian Stringfellow:
    - Pam Anderson as Treasurer
    - Ian Anderson as Competitions Secretary
  • The date of the next Committee meeting is to be agreed following the AGM.

 

 

Committee Update –April 2013

  • Old Buckenham Village Hall has been booked for this year’s AGM and Lynn Milner has kindly offered to prepare food. The club will subsidise the cost of the meal.
  • Further weekend workshops have been booked for May and June. Details to be emailed to club members shortly.
  • The Committee has been informed that the New Angles exhibition proposed for early 2014 will not now go ahead due to a lack of volunteers to help with the organisation.
  • The Committee has decided to take out insurance to cover the club’s more valuable equipment, particularly as the studio lighting will be made available for hire.
  • Several new members have joined the club recently and current membership stands at 30.
  • Attendance at the recent exhibition was unfortunately affected by the bad weather and the club made a small loss. Consideration will be given to a slightly later date for next year’s exhibition.
  • Following discussions with the airfield manager at Old Buckenham Airfield the club has accepted an invitation to exhibit at this year’s airshow on 22nd and 23rd June. More details are to follow.
  • The Committee would like to remind members that they are able to host a gallery on the club’s website. Members should contact Brian Stringfellow in the first instance. Watermarks may be added to images if members wish, but at the 72dpi resolution there should not be any copyright issues.
  • It is hoped that the 2013-14 programme will be completed ready for issue at the forthcoming AGM.
  • The date of the next Committee meeting is to be agreed.

 

 

Committee Update –March 2013

  • The Committee is to consider a venue for this year’s AGM, which will include a meal afterwards.
  • Organisation for the forthcoming exhibition is ongoing. The majority of boards have now been allocated although it was noted that a number of the club’s newer members have not put themselves forward.
  • The Committee will be booking further dates for weekend workshops. A number of possible topics have been discussed.
  • The 2013-14 programme is gradually taking shape and the competition themes have been agreed.
  • The club had been invited to take part in the Chelmsford Camera Club Challenge which involves the submission of 1 or 2 themed panels of images. The Committee deferred its decision until after the forthcoming exhibition where members’ works would be considered for inclusion.
  • The club has also been asked to participate in the A45 Inter-Club Challenge which requires 5 images. These will be chosen from those submitted for the Caston Inter-Club Competition.
  • Having sought the views of club members the Committee has decided that there is sufficient support to register an interest in the next New Angles exhibition, subject to confirmation of costs/ entry fees. Ian Anderson has kindly offered co-ordinate images on behalf of the club. The Committee does however feel that the proposed January 2014 date is not conducive to maximising visitor numbers and will express this concern to the organisers.
  • The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 8th April 2013.

 

 

Committee Update –January 2013

• Caston Camera Club has asked for the forthcoming inter-club competition to be postponed due to a mix-up in their programme. The Committee will seek to use the evening to hold the recently cancelled club competition, subject to a judge being available. Alternatively the evening will be used for a studio lighting session.
• Following the recent cancellation of a weekend studio workshop the Committee will be organising further workshops in the forthcoming months. Unfortunately there have been no volunteers to run an image editing workshop.
• The Committee will be embarking upon a programme of advertising for the club’s annual exhibition. A4 posters will be distributed to club members for displaying in local shops, libraries, etc.
• The Committee will shortly be emailing club members with further information about the exhibition, including arrangements for setting up.
• The Committee is to draft a hire agreement to cover the club’s studio lighting kit. This will enable members to hire the equipment for a nominal charge whilst maintaining some accountability.
• The Committee agreed that the images submitted for the inter-club competition should be kept and used for the rearranged event.
• The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 11th March 2013

 

   Committee Update –November 2012

• The Committee will be requesting images from club members for the forthcoming inter-club competition against Caston. The final competition images will be chosen at the January Committee meeting.
• The next Studio Workshop will be organised for 19th January. The Committee will also seek a volunteer to run another image editing workshop.
• The club has been invited to hold a small exhibition at the 100th Bomb Group Museum at Thorpe Abbotts in order to attract more visitors whilst promoting the club. The weekend of 27th and 28th July 2013 has been agreed and the display boards booked, with the museum providing a marquee free of charge. Further details to be confirmed in due course.
• The Committee recognises that the number of images submitted for competitions has been decreasing over the past year and will therefore consider some alternative ideas for the 2013/14 programme.
• The Committee is to look at a system of booking out/ hiring club equipment, particularly now that the club has invested in a studio lighting setup.
• The Committee will look into organising a club trip in 2013.
• The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 24th January 2013.

 

 Committee Update –October 2012

• The club has now purchased its studio lighting and a weekend workshop has been organised for 10th November for members to learn how to set up and use the equipment. The committee will look to book another workshop in December when it is hoped that models will be present.
• A provisional booking has been made for the club’s Christmas meal at The Stag in Attleborough.
• Long Stratton Village Hall has been booked for the club’s 2013 annual exhibition which will be held on the weekend of 23rd and 24th March. Further details to follow.
• The Committee will be requesting digital copies of entries for future print competitions so that high scoring images can be put straight on the website.

• The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 29th November 2012.

 

Committee Update –September 2012

• Brian Stringfellow has taken on the responsibility of website administration having had instructions from Jon White. The website has already been updated and a dedicated email address set up for sending images, news and articles.
• A short end of club year report has been sent to the local press and will hopefully be published in the next few weeks.
• The Committee will email members shortly to clarify the scope of this year’s themed competitions.
• The Committee agreed that it would not actively advertise any of this year’s guest speakers but would remind members that they can bring friends and family for the normal guest fee of £3 each.
• The Committee agreed that, subject to availability and cost, Long Stratton Village Hall should be used for the 2013 club exhibition which is scheduled for the Spring. Details to be confirmed in due course.
• Graham Kingsland and Paul Green recently visited Warehouse Express to view various studio lighting set-ups. A list of equipment was tabled at the meeting and the Committee agreed that this should be purchased as soon as possible. A weekend workshop will then be organised to demonstrate the equipment to club members. Further details to follow.
• The Committee agreed that this year’s Christmas social is to be held at The Stag, Attleborough. A provisional booking will be made and numbers firmed up in due course.

• The Committee agreed that members should be asked for ideas for future club outings, photoshoots and trips. An email will be circulated shortly.
• The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 8th October 2012.

 

Committee Update –July 2012

• Judges for all but one of the 2012/13 competitions have now been booked.
• An end of year club report will be submitted to the local press.
• The Committee agreed that images for the club competition entitled Local Landmarks should be restricted to Norfolk and Suffolk. Club members will be informed shortly.

• The Committee has agreed that Elizabeth Cowley Gwilliams will act as mentor to new members to help them integrate into the club and to ensure that they link up with people with similar interests and camera gear.
• The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 10th September 2012.

 

Committee Update –May 2012

• The Committee has looked into the possibility of purchasing printer calibration software for use by club members, but issues around licenses and the number of users do not make this practical.
• Notice of the upcoming AGM has been circulated to all members.
• Top scoring images from club competitions are shortly to be collated for the Photograph of the Year judging.
• Jon White has agreed to teach someone to carry out routine administration of the club website. Further details to be confirmed. The website has recently been updated and a new Google Calendar function added.
• The Committee has ordered a copy of the EAF competition images CD.
• The EAF has advised that clubs review their procedures to ensure that they comply with insurance requirements in respect of finances. The Committee has undertaken the review and can confirm that the club’s procedures are now fully compliant.
• The club has been invited to take part in Bunwell Church’s Jubilee celebrations. Details to follow.
• The club has been invited to take part in a joint exhibition with other Norfolk camera clubs at the Forum in Norwich. After careful consideration the offer was turned down as the Committee considered the cost of taking part would outweigh any benefit to the club.
• The template for the 2012/13 club programme is complete apart from confirmation of competition judges. Three weekend workshops have been scheduled for September, October and November, and at least another three will be booked for early 2013.
• All Committee members indicated that they would be willing to remain on the Committee for the next club year.
• The Committee will shortly purchase trophies for this year’s Photographer of the Year and Photograph of the Year competitions.

• The ‘official’ critique from the recent inter-club competition has been received and will be circulated to all members, as well as to Diss CC.
• The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 31st July 2012.

 

 Committee Update –April 2012

• The venue for the forthcoming AGM has been booked and relevant information/ documentation will be emailed to members in due course.
• Work on planning the 2012/13 club programme is ongoing.
• The recent studio photography weekend workshop was well attended and the Committee will be organising further workshops in due course. An audio visual workshop will be held in conjunction with Diss Camera Club.
• The recent 2012 club exhibition was deemed a success and even returned a small profit. A straw poll of club members indicated a preference for a small annual exhibition rather than alternate large and small exhibitions. The Committee will be considering suitable venues for the 2013 exhibition including a return to Long Stratton.
• The Committee reviewed the images submitted by club members for the forthcoming inter-club competition with Diss CC and 20 images were selected.
• The Committee is aware that the club website is not being updated as often as members would like and is looking into the possibility of adding another administrator.
• The Committee is in the process of setting up a facebook page and members will be given details in due course.
• The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 21st May 2012.

 

Committee Update –March 2012

• The 2011/12 AGM will be held at The Crown public house in Great Ellingham, including buffet meal. The club will subsidise the cost of the meal as in previous years.
• The Committee will look into having a club facebook page where up to date news can be posted by all members.
• Arrangements for the forthcoming exhibition have been finalised and details will be distributed to club members shortly.
• The Committee has been asked to look into the purchase of screen/ printer calibration software/ hardware for use by club members. The Committee will report in due course.
• The upcoming Saturday workshops will correspond with coffee mornings being held at the Community Hall. A small display of members’ work will be put up to advertise the club.
• The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 2nd April 2012. Images for the forthcoming inter-club competition will be reviewed and chosen at the meeting.

 

Committee Update –February 2012

• There have been no volunteers to run the midweek photoshoots and therefore they have been suspended until further notice.
• Julie Taylor has resigned from the Committee. The Committee would like to thank Julie for her hard work over the past 18 months.
• Elizabeth Cowley-Gwilliams has volunteered to join the Committee and will be co-opted on shortly.
• Di Gibson and Graham Kingsland will be meeting members of Diss Camera Club shortly to agree arrangements for the forthcoming inter-club competition.
• The club’s annual insurance has been renewed.
• Details of the forthcoming exhibition have been sent out to the local press and other such organisations.
• Tibenham Community Hall has been booked for two weekend workshops; 31st March for Studio Portraits and 28th April for Photoshop.
• Programming for the 2012/13 club year has commenced and members will be canvassed for ideas as well as volunteering for talks and presentations.
• The 2012/13 programme will include six competition nights; three themed and three open.
• A suitable venue is being sought for the AGM in June.
• The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 19th March 2012.

 

Committee Update –December 2011

• The Christmas meal has been booked for 20th December at The Half Moon, Rushall.
• A revised programme has been circulated to all members via email.
• The Committee has, on behalf of the club, supported Caston Camera Club in its attempt to get the EAF to consider alternative venues for its annual championship.
• Due to a lack of interest amongst club members the Committee has decided not to enter the forthcoming EAF championship.
• The club’s first weekend workshop has been organised for 28th January. Cost of the hire of the wall will come from club funds and there will be no charge for attendees. Further workshops will be organised in due course.
• Midweek photoshoots have been temporarily suspended pending another club member volunteering to organise them.
• Long Stratton Village Hall has been booked for the weekend of 24th & 25th March for the club’s 2012 exhibition.
• One or two of the current committee may be standing down in the New Year.  The Committee will therefore be seeking replacements in due course.
• The Committee will shortly be seeking ideas for the 2012/13 programme from club members.
• The Committee is looking at displaying a calendar on the club website on which members can put forthcoming events that may be of interest to other members.
• The Committee will shortly be requesting images from club members for the inter-club competition with Diss Camera Club.
• The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 13th February 2012.

 

Committee Update –October 2011

• • The club has been invited to participate in the annual EAF print competition, which usually takes place in February. The Committee will approach members to gauge interest.
• • Minor amendments have been made to the club programme and revised copies will be emailed to all members.
• • Colin Guthrie has been distributing and collating questionnaires from all club members regarding the proposed workshops. The results will be evaluated and considered before finalising details.
• • Long Stratton Village Hall has been booked for a mini exhibition over the weekend of 24th & 25th March 2012. Members will shortly be invited to take part, although places/ space will be limited due to the size of the venue.
• • The Committee will delay looking into the purchase of some studio lighting until next year as there is the possibility of the club being able to use some loan equipment free of charge.
• • The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 29th November.
 

Committee Update –September 2011

• • Uptake in the monthly weekday photoshoots has been poor in recent months. Photoshoots are scheduled up until the end of the year, when a decision will be made whether or not to continue them.
• • Posters for the forthcoming Ian Spratt evening will be emailed to members shortly.
• • The Committee is considering the use of Long Stratton Village Hall for the 2012 mini-exhibition, which is likely to take place in March or April. Costs for holding the exhibition will be divided between those exhibiting.
• • The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 10th October.

 

Committee Update –July 2011

• • Details of club events/ guest speakers open to the public have been sent to the EAF for inclusion within the September bulletin.
• • The Half Moon at Rushall has been booked for the club’s Christmas dinner. Details will be circulated to club members in due course.
• • All but one of the competition judges has been booked. The Committee will be considering an alternative judge, perhaps a local artist, for the remaining competition.
• • The Committee will arrange for club events open to members of the public to be advertised in the local press. Posters/ flyers for each event will also be produced so that members can put these up locally.
• • Members have been asked for ideas/ subjects for workshops which will be held in addition to the club’s other activities. Responses have been limited but the Committee will continue with the planning of the workshops which it hopes will commence early 2012.
• • The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 12th September.

Committee Update –June 2011

Following the recent AGM the amended Constitution was presented and signed by the Chairman, Treasurer and Vice Chairman.
• • The club’s recent photographic exhibition was deemed a success. It was reported that all costs had been covered and a small profit made. As agreed at the recent AGM a proportion of the profit will be donated to the East Anglian Air Ambulance, and this was set by the Committee at £100.
• • The Committee will collate feedback from the exhibition, both good and bad, for future reference.
• • As agreed at the recent AGM the club will hold its main photographic exhibition every two years, with a smaller exhibition to be held in the intervening year for those interested. The Committee will investigate options for 2012.
• • The programme for the club year 2011/12 is almost complete, subject to finalising competition judges. Venues for the Christmas Meal were discussed and details will be confirmed shortly. It was agreed that a number of events involving guest speakers will be opened up to members of the public and admission fees charged accordingly.
• • The Committee reviewed the images submitted for the forthcoming inter-club competition with Caston Camera Club and the final 25 were selected.
• • Following the recent photoshoot at Thorpe Abbotts several of the images taken have been framed & mounted and presented to the owners of the military vehicles as a thankyou.
• • The Committee has agreed to defer looking into the acquisition of studio lighting equipment until later in the year when the club’s financial position is clearer. The Committee will report back to members in due course.
• • In addition to the club’s main programme, details of weekday photoshoots and other club activities will be added to the website to ensure that all events are covered by insurance. In the same vein details of the club’s programmes from previous years will be collated and stored.
• • The new club year will commence on 1st July and the Committee will request that subscriptions be paid by 19th July.
• • The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 28th July.

 

 

Committee Update –May 2011
 
  • Details of the forthcoming AGM have been circulated to club members, including a request for proposals 21 days before the meeting. The event is being held at Peter Beales Roses and will include a subsidised buffet dinner and Rose tour.
  • It was reported that interest shown in future club trips was very poor and therefore will not be investigated further.
  • The end of year accounts have been closed and a report will be presented at the forthcoming AGM. Terry King will audit the accounts as agreed at last year’s AGM.
  • It has been noted that a number of members who entered the last digital image competition but did not attend may not have paid for their entries. Members will be contacted accordingly.
  • Planning for the exhibition is going according to plan, with one final sub-committee meeting remaining. Details are being distributed to members as and when necessary.
  • A draft programme for the forthcoming club year has been produced, with only the booking of competition judges outstanding.
  • There has been no interest or nominations from general club members in respect of becoming a Committee Member. All members of the Committee, other than Sue Blackett, have confirmed their willingness to serve for another year, although there may be some re-organisation. Details will be announced before the AGM.
  • A number of proposals to amend the Constitution were discussed and agreed, including age limits and subscriptions. Details will be circulated to club members before the AGM.
  • Reminders are to be emailed to club members regarding images for the inter-club competition and raffle/ tombola prizes for the exhibition.
  • The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 13th June.
 
 
 
 Committee Update –April 2011

Julie Taylor has organised a midweek photoshoot on 27th April at Rosary Cemetery, Norwich.

  • Although some club members expressed an interest in participating at this year’s Forncett Fete there were not enough to make the event viable and therefore the club has had to decline the invitation.
  • Organising of the exhibition is progressing well. Banham Community Centre has been booked as have the display boards. Jeanette Stringfellow is taking bookings for the boards from club members.
  • Preliminary planning for the 2011/12 programme has commenced.
  • This year’s AGM is to be held at Peter Beales Roses just outside Attleborough and is to include a buffet dinner which will be part subsidised by the Club. Places are to be booked through Jeanette Stringfellow so that numbers can be confirmed.
  • Sue Blackett has announced her intention to step down as Club Secretary at the end of the current club year. The Committee will invite club members to fill the vacancy. The Committee would like to express its gratitude to Sue for the time and effort she has put into helping run the club.
  • The Committee will be reviewing the club’s Constitution so that any proposed changes can be put to the members before the forthcoming AGM. This will include the lowering of the age limit for club members from 18 to 16 years of age.
  • The Committee are to invite expressions of interest from members for organised short trips later in the year.
  • The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 9th May.
 
 

 

 

Committee Update –March 2011
 
  • The club’s Public Liability Insurance Certificate for 2011/12 has been received.
  • The first exhibition sub-committee took place on 7th February and was well attended.
  • Members of the Committee are due to meet with representatives of Caston Camera Club to discuss the forthcoming inter-club competition. Details will be circulated in due course.
  • Due to the improving weather Julie Taylor will be re-commencing the midweek photoshoots, starting with a trip to Bungay. Details to be circulated in due course.
  • After the success of last year’s event the club has been invited back to this year’s Forncett Fete being held in June. Club members will be canvassed regarding their interest in taking part.
  • The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 11th April.

 

Committee Update –January/ February 2011
 
  • The Committee meeting on 4th January was re-scheduled for 24th January.
  • The club’s EAF subscription fee for 2011 has been paid. The subscription includes the club’s insurance premium.
  • Details of the first midweek photoshoot of the New Year will be announced shortly.
  • The club have been invited to ‘bid’ for space at a forthcoming photography exhibition due to take place in Wymondham in June. As the club’s own exhibition is due to take place at the end of May it was decided to decline the invitation.
  • The first meeting of the exhibition sub-committee is due to take place on 7th February. Banham Community Centre has been booked and a deposit paid.
  • Approximately 120 images were put forward by club members for entry into the EAF annual club competition, from which 25 were chosen to be entered into the digital image section.
  • Due to holiday commitments the next Committee meeting is scheduled for 8th March.
 
 
 

 

 
Committee Update –December 2010
 
  • The Committee has agreed to investigate the hiring of Banham Community Centre for the annual exhibition, due to its size and accessibility, as well as to make enquiries regarding the hire of display boards.
  • A sub-committee is to be formed to take on the organisation of the annual exhibition. Expressions of interest from club members will be invited.
  • Several club members have confirmed that they will make presentations at the members’ evening on 1st February.
  • The club’s insurance policy is due for renewal shortly.
  • Arrangements have been made for the forthcoming club quiz on 14th December. Members will be encouraged to bring along food and drink.
  • The Committee discussed the possibility of receiving insufficient entries for the forthcoming EAF competition to submit strong enough entries into both the printed and projected image categories. This being the case the Committee will decide whether or not to sacrifice one of the competitions.
  • The midweek photoshoots will be suspended until the New Year, although some less formal activities may be arranged in the meantime.
  • Initial discussions have taken place with Caston Camera Club regarding the format of our first inter-club competition next year. A further meeting will be held in the Spring.
  • The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 4th January and will be combined with the EAF competition image selection meeting.

 

 

Committee Update –November 2010
 
  • The Committee has decided to scale down the Christmas Quiz scheduled for 14th December to a social evening for club members and their family & friends.
  • Enquiries have been made regarding a number of potential venues for the annual exhibition. Details to follow in due course.
  • The Committee has submitted entry forms for the EAF Competition, both prints and projected images, due to be held on 15th February 2011. It has been agreed that all those wishing to submit photographs for the competition should provide at least 10 images each for consideration. All images are to be sent to Les Bailey by 21st December. These will then be collated ready for a selection meeting on 4th January.
  • The Committee has agreed to Paul Green being custodian of the mount cutter. Bookings are to be made through Paul.
  • Several Committee members will be absent from the club night on 1st February, scheduled as a Members’ Evening. Following the success of a similar event recently it has been agreed that the evening will be used for another showcase of members’ work and the Committee will seek expressions of interest.
  • The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 6th December.

 

 

Committee Update –October 2010
 
  • The Club has purchased a mount cutter for use by the members. The mount cutter will be demonstrated at a forthcoming members’ evening.
  • The Club recently attended the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital fete with a number of members displaying work. Despite some poor weather there was a reasonable turnout and a good level of interest in the club.
  • The Committee are continuing the search for a suitable venue for the annual exhibition. Details to follow in due course.
  • The Committee has agreed to purchase software to help with the display and scoring of images at future projected image club competitions.
  • The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 8th November.

 
Committee Update –September 2010
 
  • Julie Taylor has been co-opted onto the Committee, which is now up to full strength with 7 members.
  • An information sheet/ pamphlet has been produced by the Committee for handing out at fetes and other such events to promote the club.
  • The Committee has chosen a model of mount cutter to purchase and is currently seeking the best price before buying.
  • The guided walk of Norwich on 17th August was reported to be a success and it is hoped that a similar event will be incorporated into next year’s calendar.
  • Sue Blackett has been circulating emails received by the club for various events and the like. Sue has also recently received copies of the EAF Autumn Bulletin and a special EAF Centenary Booklet. These will be made available to club members.
  • Details have been circulated to club members regarding the upcoming Norwich & Norfolk University Hospital Fete, at which the club will have a marquee and mini exhibition of work.
  • The Committee has pencilled in the 14th and 15th May 2011 for the club’s annual exhibition of members’ work. The venue is still to be finalised, subject to availability and cost.
  • The upcoming still life talk scheduled for 5th October is being opened up to non-members for the normal guest fee of £3. The event is being publicised locally and the Committee will produce a small poster for display in local shops, etc. Members are encouraged to bring along friends and family.
  • Julie Taylor is continuing to organise midweek photoshoots and Les Bailey will be organising an evening shoot in Norwich. Further details to be announced.
  • The Committee has decided to hold the next AGM (June 2011) at Peter Beales’ Roses in Attleborough. This will be followed by a meal which will be subsidised from club funds. Further details to follow.
  • Information regarding the resizing of photographs for club competitions will be posted on the club website shortly.
  • The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 11th October.
 
 
 
 

 

Committee Update – August 2010
 
  • Competition Rules have now been distributed to all members.
  • Following consultation with club members the Committee will be looking at using club funds to purchase a mount cutter for members to use.
  • Julie Taylor has agreed to co-ordinate the midweek photoshoots. Julie will email details of future events to all members direct. It is hoped that the membership will support Julie in her efforts.
  • The club have been invited to enter a team in the Bunwell Village Quiz due to take part on 9th October. Several members have expressed an interest, but the club will need at least 4 people.
  • Several members have put their names forward for the Showcase of Members’ Work evening in November.
  • The club will be attending a fete at the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital on 25th September, with a similar setup to that used at previous fetes. Members will be invited to attend and show their work. Details to be announced.
  • The Committee is in the process of seeking a venue for the club’s yearly photographic exhibition, which is likely to take place towards the end of the club year in 2011.
  • The Christmas Quiz on 14th December is to be advertised as a fundraising event open to the general public. Details to be announced.
  • The Committee agreed that the guided walk scheduled for 17th August would be free to club members, with the usual £3 fee for guests.
  • The Committee discussed the possibility of holding next year’s AGM at an alternative venue, combining the evening with a subsidised meal and the annual club presentations. Details to be announced.
  • The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 13th September.
 
Committee Update – July 2010
 
  • A date has been agreed for the inter-club competition with Caston Camera Club. This will take place on 21st June 2011, the last club night of the current programme.
  • The Committee is in the process of updating competition rules to accommodate digital images. These will be issued in due course.
  • The Committee will again seek volunteers to showcase their work on 2nd November.
  • The Committee has purchased a quantity of name badges for use at future club nights. These will be handed out and collected on the door each night.
  • A number of club members have expressed an interest in attending midweek daytime photoshoots. Details of the first photoshoot will be discussed and agreed with those interested at a forthcoming club night.
  • The Committee has arranged for the competition trophies to be engraved. These will be presented on 20th July and it is hoped that articles and photographs will appear in the local press.
  • Arrangements have been made for the club to have a mini-exhibition at the forthcoming World Horse Welfare show. Details to follow.
  • The Committee will be seeking suggestions from club members regarding both short and long term goals for purchasing equipment using club funds. Suggestions from the Committee include a marquee, display boards and studio lighting kit.
  • Unfortunately there has been insufficient interest in the proposed photoshoot at the East Anglian Transport Museum and therefore this has been cancelled. An alternative guided walk through Norwich has been organised and details will be circulated to members shortly.
  • The Committee has discussed the possibility of splitting the club competitions into two groups (advanced and beginners/ intermediates) in order to encourage more participants. This will be discussed with club members at a forthcoming club night.
  • Due to the poor response regarding this year’s annual club trip to Northumbria the Committee will propose a shorter trip to try to encourage higher member participation. Details to be emailed shortly.
  • Graham Kingsland has kindly donated a mobile phone and sim card to enable people to contact the club, as an alternative to the website. The number is 07583 082250.
  • The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 10th August.
 
 
Committee Update – June 2010
 
  • The accounts for the 2009/10 club year have been audited and were reported at the recent AGM.
  • The AGM was well attended and the minutes will be distributed to members shortly.
  • Arrangements are being made for the club to be represented at the forthcoming Forncett Fete, the club’s first event of this type. Further details will be given at the next club night.
  • Following an invitation from Caston Camera Club it has been agreed that both clubs will take part in an inter-club competition in June 2011. This will take place on a club night and will be part of the 2010/11 calendar. The club will be looking to use high scoring images from the year’s competitions, and for as many members to take part as possible.
  • The Committee was a little surprised about the preference of many of the members to continue using prints for competitions instead of projected images. It has thus been agreed that half of the competitions will remain prints and half projected images. A forthcoming members evening will be used to demonstrate resizing of images for digital competitions.
  • Competition rules will be amended to accommodate the use of projected images.
  • The evening of 2nd November will be used for showcasing members work. Club members will be invited to take the floor for 15-20 minutes to show and/or talk about their photography. Several members have already shown an interest.
  • Following comments from several club members the Committee has agreed to provide members with name badges for use on club nights. This will hopefully help members to become better acquainted and new members to integrate more quickly.
  • The Committee will look into the possibility of accepting membership from 16 to 18 year olds, although any constitutional changes will not be made until the 2011/12 club year.
  • Following comments from club members the Committee will look into the possibility of having midweek photoshoots.
  • The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 12th July (subsequently changed to 15th July)

 

 
Committee Update – May 2010
 
  • Planning of the 2010/11 programme is progressing well and it is hoped that at least a provisional programme will be available for the upcoming AGM.
  • Titles for next year’s 6 competitions have been agreed as follows:
                            Death & Decay;
                            People at Work;
                            House & Garden;
                            Weather;

                            Textures;
                            Film Titles.
  • A number of changes to the club’s constitution were discussed and agreed in principle. These will be distributed, as part of the AGM agenda, to all club members and will be voted on accordingly at the AGM.
  • The AGM on 1st June will be followed by an informal social, where refreshments including cakes and savouries will be served (wine was considered but as most members drive to the venue it was not thought appropriate). There will also be a small raffle.
  • The Committee will be inviting members to come up with a design for a club logo.
  • The Committee will be producing a new club poster to replace the old one, for display on notice boards around the area. This will advertise the club, giving general membership information and directing potential members to the club website.
  • Brian Stringfellow has kindly agreed to take on the role of Membership Secretary, which works in well with Jeanette’s role as Treasurer.
  • The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 7th June.
 

 

Committee Update – April 2010
 
  • The Committee are looking into the possibility of the club providing ‘official photographer’ services at local events. More news to follow.
  • The club’s advertisement in the Village People Magazine has generated a lot of local interest in the club and as a result several new members have joined.
  • The recent David Tipling talk proved to be a great success, with guest admission and raffle ticket sales covering David’s fee.
  • The club’s accounts for 2009/10 have been closed and will be audited shortly.
  • The Committee are continuing to develop the 2010/11 club programme, including the booking of speakers and competition judges. The 2010/11 club programme will be distributed to club members in due course.
  • A number of club members have expressed an interest in showcasing their work on a members’ night. Anyone else interested in showing some of their work, either prints or projected images, should speak to a member of the Committee.
  • As well as a shield being presented to the Photographer of the Year the Committee has decided to also present a small trophy for Photograph of the Year. This will be selected, by an EAF judge, from the highest scoring images submitted in club competitions throughout the year.
  • It was reported that interest in this year’s annual club trip to Northumbria has been extremely disappointing. A final invitation will be emailed to club members and, if there is no further interest, the trip is unlikely to go ahead.
  • The Committee are looking into the possibility of taking part in inter-club competitions with other local clubs.
  • Greg Spencer attended the Committee meeting to put forward the possibility of the club having a stall or marquee at the forthcoming Forncett Fete, on 19th June, which he is helping to organise. The Committee expressed some interest on behalf of the club and agreed to consider this further. More details to follow.
  • The Committee agreed that tea and coffee making duties on club nights should be shared equally amongst members instead of the same people being responsible every week. Volunteers will be asked for at the start of each club night.
  • The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 10th May.
 

 

Committee Update – March 2010
 
  • An outline programme for the 2010/11 club year was discussed by the Committee. The programme will include photoshoots, guest speakers, competitions, practical sessions and members’ evenings. There will also be the annual Christmas dinner and the Committee are looking into the possibility of taking part in inter-club competitions. The club’s own competitions will continue to be overseen by EAF judges and these will be booked shortly. Similarly, the Committee will be contacting potential guest speakers.
  • The Committee are investigating options for a club photographic trip to Northumbria, which is likely to take place in the last week in September. Details will be emailed to members shortly to determine the level of interest.
  • The Committee have agreed that a shield will be presented annually to the Photographer of the Year.
  • The Committee are considering holding a quiz night, open to members and non-members, in aid of club funds. More details to follow.
  • The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 12th April.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Committee Update – February 2010
 
 
 
  • The new projector and screen has been purchased and will be used at the forthcoming members’ evening.
  • The club’s portraiture evening, originally scheduled for January, has been rearranged for 6th April.
  • The Committee has agreed that the next exhibition should take place towards the end of the 2010/11 club year. May 2011 has been pencilled in.
  • The Committee are continuing to seek advertising for the David Tipling talk.
  • Sue Blackett (Secretary) will circulate a report after each club night to all members to ensure that those who are unable to attend are kept up to date with club news and events.
  • The Committee have commenced preparation of the 2010/11 programme. Competitions will be held approximately every 6 weeks from autumn through to spring, instead of the current 8 weeks. This will free up more evenings in the summer months for outside photoshoots, as well as enabling the Photographer of the Year to be announced at the AGM.
  • The Members’ evening on 18th May will be used as a Photoshop/ Elements practical session, enabling members to practice techniques learnt at Dave Jordan’s talk two weeks earlier.
  • As part of next year’s programme it has been suggested that we incorporate some evenings for members to showcase their work, particularly as we now have our own projector. As two hours is a long time to talk it was suggested that the evenings be split into 15 or 20 minute segments so that a number of people could present their work.
  • The Committee are seeking ideas from the membership for ways of fundraising.
  • The prints for the EAF competition on 14th February have now been collected and will be taken down on the day by a number of Committee members.
  • The next Committee meeting is scheduled for 8th March.